Dumbarton House Museum is open!
For Your Safety
- Face coverings are required at this time for staff and visitors in indoor spaces
- Please maintain a social distance of 6’ or more from other parties
- Museum attendance will be limited to 10 people at a time
- Online pre-purchase admission is strongly encouraged for all visitors
- Hand sanitizer is available
- Increased sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces
- All docent-led tours have been suspended
- Select interactive screens have been temporarily turned off
- Cash is not accepted at this time
- Bring a water bottle and snack: we have a water bottle-filling station on site but no food services
- There are currently no in-person programs, but please visit our Event Page for our current schedule of virtual programming like Sunday Serenity Yoga.
We ask any visitors who feel unwell, have a fever or other symptoms to please stay home. We will be happy to refund your visit or honor your ticket for a future date.
These requirements are subject to change. We will continue to monitor the rapidly developing situation. It is important to us as a member of the community to ensure we are doing everything possible to safeguard the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. Please keep in touch with us through our website and social media platforms for all updates.
The Department of Health recommends that residents continue to take the advice of the CDC to prevent infection:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Stay home when you are sick
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe
• Wash hands frequently with soap (at least 20 seconds)
Timed tickets are required. Purchase tickets below or call (202) 337-2288 x242. All tickets are for self-guided tours.
General admission is $10, students and healthcare workers free – thank you essential workers! As always, Museum & NSCDA Members, Children & Students (with ID), AAM, NARM, HHMC, and US Treasury Employees are free. AAA members, National Trust Members, Veterans, and Civil Servants are $8.
For a special VIP outdoor introduction by curatorial staff, add a ticket for $15 to your cart.
If you’re unable to visit our site, we’re offering virtual group tours for groups of at least 8 people for a discount price of $5/person. See our Groups and Specialty Tours page for details.
Purchase Tickets by selecting a date and time below, going to Ticketleap, or by calling (202) 337-2288 x 242.