- This event has passed.
Docent Training Session
September 30, 2017 @ 10:00 am-2:30 pm
Do you have a passion for early American history, the decorative arts, architecture, or museums in general? Dumbarton House, a Federal period house museum in Washington, D.C.’s Georgetown neighborhood recruits dedicated volunteers to share the story of courage, preservation, and the rise of a nation. Volunteer Training Sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 11am-1pm or on Saturdays from 10am-2:30pm. Make-up sessions are available if you cannot make a session and independent training is available if our upcoming training does not fit into your schedule.
Week Day Schedule (11am-1pm, includes light refreshments)
- September 19 – Volunteering and Dumbarton House Overview
- September 26 – DC and Georgetown History
- October 3 – Architecture and Landscaping
- October 10 – The Nourse Household & Following Generations
- October 17 – The Objects
- October 24 – Crafting a Visitor Friendly Tour
Weekend Schedule (10am-2:30pm, includes lunch)
- September 30 – Volunteering and Dumbarton House Overview & DC and Georgetown History
- October 14 – Architecture and Landscaping & The Objects
- October 28 – The Nourse Household & Crafting a Visitor Friendly Tour
To learn more and submit your application visit: http://dumbartonhouse.org/volunteer-information