- This event has passed.
Georgetown Fall Cupcake Walking Tour
September 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Join Dwane Starlin, member of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides, for a delightful walking tour of Georgetown- with history and cupcakes! The tour will begin at Dumbarton House and make stops at Baked & Wired, Georgetown Cupcake, and Sprinkles to pick up our pre-ordered cupcakes, meaning you get to skip the long lines! Enjoy your treats as you learn about Georgetown – DC’s most historic neighborhood. Tickets include one cupcake from each shop. As the leaves begin to change, enjoy delicious apple, caramel, and chocolate flavored cupcakes from the bakeries. *Flavors are subject to availability.
What you need to know:
- Meet at the corner of Q and 27th Streets, NW (by the garden gates)
- Tour starts at 1:00pm sharp
- Rain or shine
- 2 hour tour
- No pets allowed
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- We recommend that you bring a bottle of water
- Tour ends at Sprinkles
- Tickets must be pre-purchased online. We preorder your cupcakes to make your tour more enjoyable, so it means some advanced preparation! Cupcake orders are placed by noon the Thursday prior to the tour. If we have additional spots open after Thursday at noon, you will be able to see the available number of tickets on this page. Ticket sales close Saturday at 11am.
Did you know? The first mention of a cake produced in a cup goes all the way back to 1796, in the cookbook, “American Cookery” by Ameila Simmons. The first reference and recipe for an actual “cupcake” is printed in Eliza Leslie’s 1828 cookbook, “Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes and Sweetmeats.”