- This event has passed.
Jane Austen Film Festival: Sense & Sensibility
June 29, 2016 @ 7:30 pm-10:30 pm
Join us at Dumbarton House for the 5th annual
Jane Austen Film Festival
for a screening of
Sense & Sensibility
Wednesday, June 29th; doors open at 7:30 PM
[Rain Date: July 6th]
General Admission: $6
Get a special discount by buying tickets to all three movies: $15
Become a museum member and get in for free, plus have early entry!
* We recommend that you buy tickets in advance as this event often sells out *
TICKETS ON SALE JUNE 1st, 9am
2016 Film Festival Schedule
June 29th, Sense & Sensibility (1995)
[Rain Date: July 6th}
July 13th, Emma (1996)
[Rain Date: July 20th]
July 27th, Pride & Prejudice (2005)
[Rain Date: August 3rd]
What you need to know:
- Entry will be at the front gate (2715 Q Street) only. Please line up going towards 27th street
- Grounds must be cleared within 30 minutes after the end of the film.
- The film will start at sunset, approximately 8:30pm.
- Blankets are encouraged. Anyone with chairs will be asked to sit in the back of the lawn.
- Smoking, glass, and pets are not permitted.
- There will be available concessions on-site (water, soda, candy, and snacks). Proceeds benefit Dumbarton House.
- The museum will be open from 7:00-8:15pm for self-guided tours. Please no food or drink inside
- If the event is cancelled due to rain, tickets will transfer to the scheduled rain date
Why Jane Austen at Dumbarton House? Austen was writing and publishing these three timeless, engaging novels during a time of great tumult between the United States and Great Britain: The War of 1812, which started to brew in 1811 (Emma), heat up in 1813 (Pride & Prejudice), climax in 1815 (Sense & Sensibility), and ended in early 1816. Dumbarton House’s primary owners, the Nourse Family, were in residence 1804-1813, and second resident Charles Carroll played first host to First Lady Dolley Madison at Dumbarton House on August 24, 1814, in her hurried departure from the White House as the British approached to burn it.